Logical Increments is looking for freelance writers who are passionate and knowledgeable about PC hardware to write for our blog and potentially other parts of our website. This post will detail how to become one of our writers, as well as what that would entail.
Background and Payscale
At Logical Increments, our mission is to make PC building as simple and stress-free as possible. That’s the philosophy behind the main build chart on the homepage. And with that same mission in mind, we publish articles here on our blog explaining various issues related to PC hardware, comparing components, and suggesting example PC builds for certain purposes.
We pay between $25 and $50 per article to writers who can produce at least one article for our blog every few months. The variance of the payment depends on the word count of submitted articles, as well as whether they are already formatted with images when turned in. Also, writing for our blog may lead to larger writing assignments with larger paychecks in the future.
Obviously, this is not a full-time job, but it could be a fun way for you to make a few bucks writing about your hobby, or it could be a small part of your larger freelance career.
Process and Qualifications
Writers will coordinate with Daniel (the Managing Editor for LI), and sometimes other members of the Logical Increments team.
Article topics may be assigned/requested by us, but we would love for writers to pitch their own ideas as well. We cannot promise to always have assignments for you, but we still strive to maintain a happy working relationship.
Some examples of the kinds of articles we’re looking for bloggers to write:
Things we require:
- Working knowledge of how to build a PC. (You have built your own PC before and understand all the hardware specifications.)
- Ability to write in English relatively well.
- Ability to write and edit articles in WordPress. (If you’ve never used WordPress before, that’s okay. It’s very easy to learn.)
- Ability to take constructive feedback and willingness to learn from critiques.
Something we would like, but don’t require:
- Previous experience writing about PC hardware or technology. (If you haven’t published anything before, we’re happy for you to write a sample article—and we’ll pay you if it’s good enough to publish!)
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Friday, January 29, 2021
To apply, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief message summarizing your PC hardware knowledge and previous writing experience, if any.
- 1-3 writing samples (hardware- or tech-related topics preferred).
- Optional: Résumé or CV, if you have previous writing experience.
- If you do not have previous writing experience, tell us an idea for a blog post. If we like the idea, you can write the post and we’ll pay you if it’s good enough to publish.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
Once again, the deadline is January 29, 2021.