Logical Increments is looking for freelance writers who are passionate and knowledgable about PC hardware to write for our blog and potentially other parts of our website.
At Logical Increments, our mission is to make PC building as simple and stress-free as possible. To that end, we publish articles explaining various issues related to PC hardware, comparing components, and suggesting example PC builds for certain purposes.
We pay at least $25 per article to writers who can produce at least one 300-to-600-word article for our blog every few months. We pay $35 for 600+ word articles, and writing for our blog may lead to larger writing assignments with larger paychecks.
Obviously, this is not a full time job, but it could be a fun way for you to make a few bucks writing about your hobby.
Writers will coordinate with James, Logical Increments’ Content Editor, and other members of the LI team. Article topics will be assigned by our team, but we would love for writers to pitch their own ideas as well. We cannot promise to always have assignments for you, but we still strive to maintain a happy working relationship.
Some examples of the kinds of articles we’re looking for bloggers to write:
- Building a PC for Music Production
- Intel i7-5960X vs. i7-6900K vs. i7-6950X
- Best Programs for Stress Testing Your PC
- Graphics Cards: What Do the Numbers Mean?
- Building a PC with the RX 480
Things we require:
- Working knowledge of how to build a PC. (You have built your own PC before and understand all the hardware specifications.)
- Ability to write in English relatively well.
- Ability to write and edit articles in WordPress. (If you’ve never used WordPress before, that’s OK. It’s very easy to learn.)
- Ability to take constructive feedback and willingness to learn from critiques.
Thing we would like, but don’t require:
- Previous experience writing about PC hardware or technology. (If you haven’t published anything before, we’re happy for you to write a sample article — and we’ll pay you if it’s good enough to publish!)
Application Deadline: January 16, 2017
To apply, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief intro summarizing your PC hardware knowledge and previous writing experience, if any.
- 1-3 writing samples (hardware- or tech-related topics preferred).
- Optional: Résumé or CV, if you have previous writing experience.
- If you do not have previous writing experience, tell us an idea for a blog post. If we like the idea, you can write the post and we’ll pay you if it’s good enough to publish.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
Once again, the deadline is January 16, 2017.