We’ve made a minor update that disrupts our entire list of PC parts recommendations: The Monstrous tier (our most powerful, most expensive tier) is now more Monstrous.
Essentially, we have made a new more Monstrous tier to be our ultimate tier, and shifted up all the other tiers between Entry and Monstrous. Thus, one former tier has been cannibalized to make room for better tiers that offer slightly more variety.
For those with fat wallets and/or morbid curiosity, let’s review the components in the new Monstrous tier:
- GPU: GTX 1080 x2 in SLI (Alternate: Titan X x2 in SLI)
- CPU: i7-6950X
- HSF: TC14PE (Alternate: NH-D15 or H115i)
- Mobo: Gigabyte X99 Phoenix SLI (Alternate: ASUS X99 Deluxe or Rampage V Extreme)
- RAM: 32GB DDR4 (Alternate: 64GB DDR4)
- HDD: 4TB (Alternate: 6TB or 8TB)
- SSD: 512GB M.2 PCIe (Alternate: 1TB SATA or 2TB SATA)
- PSU: EVGA 1000 P2 (Alternate: Seasonic Snow 1050W or Corsair AX1200i)
- Case: Corsair 900D (Alternate: CM Cosmos II or Silverstone TJ11)
Total Price (as of publication): $4,459
We are continuing to make several more adjustments to the parts list in the coming weeks. And of course, we are also preparing our bodies, minds and souls for the launches of Intel’s Kaby Lake and AMD’s Zen.